If you want to spend money, Los Angeles is the place to go. Full of celebrity homes and neighborhoods like Beverly Hills and Hollywood (ever heard of it?), L.A. doesn't exactly scream "cheap". However, if you're willing to not live like a Kardashian, there are some pretty cool things to do in and around the city that are the ultimate kind of frugal. Oh yeah, I'm talking free.
1. Visit the TCL Chinese Theater.
2. Watch a game show taping. (Most tickets are free, it just comes down to the luck of getting some.)
3. Visit Griffith Observatory.
4. Hike Runyon Canyon Park.
5. Take an Instagram pic at the Infinity Mirror Rooms in The Broad.
6. Snap more photos at the LACMA.
7. Learn your history at the La Brea Tar Pits.
8. Walk the Third Street Promenade.
9. Appreciate another culture at the Korean Bell of Friendship.
10. While you're at it, check out Little Armenia, Little Ethiopia, Little Tokyo, Koreatown, Chinatown and Thai Town.
11. Find your favorite celebrity on the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard.
12. Get your art fix at the Watts Towers.
13. Gawk at the endless murals along the Mural Mile of the San Fernando Valley.
14. Take a scenic spin down Mulholland Drive.
15. Window shop with celebrities on Rodeo Drive.
16. People-watch at the Grand Central Market.
17. Stroll through Grand Park.
18. Watch the day melt away on the Sunset Strip.
19. Revel in America's beauty during a drive down the Pacific Coast Highway.
20. Find a plethora of things to do along Venice Beach.
21. On that note, visit pretty much any beach near L.A. for some free fun.
22. Explore L.A.'s Fashion District.
23. Hike near the Hollywood sign.
24. Wind through the Venice Canals.
25. Get smart at the L.A. Central Library.
Need help planning your trip? Learn more about custom trip itineraries here!